Margaret A. Hackbarth
Ms. Hackbarth has both in-house and law firm experience in commercial transactions, real estate, construction, insurance, claims, vendor compliance and litigation. Her experience includes private practice in construction litigation (trials, arbitrations and mediations) and real estate transactions, risk management for a hotel management company, general counsel and vice president of risk management for a construction company and division counsel to a publicly-traded residential developer. She currently co-teaches a construction law class at American University School of Law and serves on the Leadership Academy Steering Committee for the Association of Corporate Counsel. Ms. Hackbarth has recently served as a lecturer on Indemnity and Insurance Clauses for the 2019 CLM Annual Meeting and a 2019 Cyber Liability Panelist for the ACC webinar series. She also frequently delivers training sessions for clients and in-house associates on worker’s compensation, safety/OSHA, construction contracts, mechanic’s liens, surety bonds, insurance matters and risk management. Margaret also holds property and casualty brokers licenses in Virginia and a number of other jurisdictions.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D.
Bucknell University, B.A.
Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- CLM Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (Hospitality and Construction Committees)
- ACC Association of Corporate Counsel
- RIMS Risk and Insurance Management Society
Honors & Awards
- Fairfax County, VA, Champion of Character Winner, 2015
- Michael T. Slattery Team Award
- Holland & Knight Star Award for Pro Bono Service
- Indemnity and Insurance Clauses Panelist, CLM Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL, 2019
- Panelist, Cyber Liability, Association of Corporate Counsel, 2018
- 90 minute conference training sessions in Worker’s Compensation and Safety/OSHA for HR and Finance professionals, 2018
- In-house training programs on construction contracts, mechanic’s liens, surety bonds, insurance matters, environmental regulations, labor regulations, claims/dispute resolution and risk management 101 and 201
- Training sessions for captive insurance company partners regarding regulatory matters
- Training programs for clients on real estate matters, construction contracts, project management and litigation/dispute resolution issues
- Lorman Education Services: "Fundamentals of Real Estate law in Virginia"
- John's Hopkins Real Estate Master’s Degree Program, guest lecturer in real estate class
- American Bar Association: Preconstruction Services Agreements
Monday, September 9, 2019
Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Expands its Washington D.C. Office with Additions of Margaret A. Hackbarth and William L. Niebling
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Margaret A. Hackbarth and William L. Niebling, have joined Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office as of counsel and senior associate, respectively.