Raymond L. Fink
- Banking and Financial Transactions
- Financial Reorganization, Restructuring and Insolvency
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Private Equity
Mr. Fink, a Partner with Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman and Co-Leader of the firm’s Financial Reorganization, Restructuring, and Insolvency Practice Team, focuses his practice on representing clients in financial reorganization, restructuring and insolvency matters as well as in litigation matters and financial services. He has represented a variety of clients in these types of matters, including private financial organizations, banking institutions, equity funds, secured creditors, lessors and lessees of equipment and real estate, franchisers and franchisees, health care facilities, agricultural lenders, various business enterprises, as well as business owners involved in internal disputes. With more than three decades of experience, he has represented corporate clients in various stages of development, and has earned a reputation for designing creative and effective business strategies. He is also an experienced mediator/arbitrator and a Part 36 certified court receiver.
Mr. Fink is a frequent speaker at continuing legal education programs sponsored by the New York State Bar Association and the Bar Association of Erie County, and also at in-house seminars for clients.
- Representation of Senior Continuing Care Retirement Community in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Representation of air freight forwarder in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Representation of asset purchasers in large national chapter 11 case.
- Representation of automobile dealerships in General Motors and Chrysler bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of retired officers in chapter 11 proceedings Mark IV Industries.
- Representation of mortgage holders in large, complex commercial foreclosures and restructuring of significant commercial mortgage loans.
- Representation of Creditors Committee in Laidlaw chapter 11 proceedings.
- Represented a chapter 11 trustee in a complex proceeding involving the closure and potential expansion of a nonhazardous municipal waste landfill.
- Representing numerous secured creditors and equipment lessors in a variety of workouts and bankruptcy matters, including several large national/international banking institutions.
- Representing secured lenders in significant national bankruptcy proceedings, including the cases of The Bennett Funding Groups, et al., C.I.S. Corporation, et al., First Republic Bancorp et al., Peter J. Schmidt et al., and Columbia Gas Transmission Company, et al.
- Prosecuting and defending complex litigation concerning fraudulent conveyances and preferential transfers.
- Representation of business owners in internal disputes, including litigation concerning valuation of ownership interests.
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Law Section
- Business Corporate Law Committee
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Foundation for Jewish Philanthropies, Inc., President, 2015-2017
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo, Inc., Board of Directors, Former Board of Directors President, 2003-2005
- Court Certified Mediator
- Certified Receiver
- Attorney Grievance Committee for the Eighth Judicial District, Former Member
- Bar Association of Erie County, Former President, 1994-1995
- Former Board Member, Bar Association of Erie County, 1987-1990
- Bar Association of Erie County, Committee on Commercial and Bankruptcy Law, Former Chair, 1985-1987
Honors & Awards
The Best Lawyers in America© (2012-2019)
2012, 2016 Litigation-Bankruptcy “Lawyer of the Year” in Buffalo
2015 Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law "Lawyer of the Year” in Buffalo
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Buffalo Business First’s Legal Elite of Western New York (2015)
- Business First of Buffalo/Buffalo Law Journal, Who's Who in Law (2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- Upstate New York Super Lawyers®, (2013-2018)
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Fourteen Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Attorneys Recognized in "The Best Lawyers in America©" 2019 Edition
BUFFALO, NY – Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP announced today 14 of the firm’s attorneys have been honored in the 2019 edition of “The Best Lawyers in America.”
Monday, August 13, 2018
BUFFALO, NY – Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP today announced 28 of the firm’s Buffalo and Albany attorneys have been included on the 2018 Upstate New York Super Lawyers and Upstate New York Rising Stars lists.
Thursday, February 22, 2018
"Five investors will have a big say in Tops' future,"Buffalo News, February 2018
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
"10 questions about Tops and its financial situation,"Buffalo News,February 2018
Thursday, August 17, 2017
Twelve Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Attorneys Recognized In “The Best Lawyers In America©” 2018
BUFFALO, NY – Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP announced today that 12 of the firm’s attorneys have been honored in the 2018 edition of “The Best Lawyers in America.” Partner Raymond L. Fink has also been named the Best Lawyers® 2018 Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law "Lawyer of the Year" in … More »
Monday, August 14, 2017
Twenty-seven Attorneys from Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP Recognized by 2017 Upstate New York Super Lawyers
BUFFALO, NY – Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP announced today that 27 of the firm’s attorneys have been selected to the 2017 Upstate New York Super Lawyers and Upstate New York Rising Stars lists.
Thursday, March 9, 2017
By Raymond L. Fink and John A. Mueller
Monday, February 6, 2017
"WNY firms experience explosive growth,"Buffalo Law Journal, February 2017
Thursday, January 5, 2017
"Lippes Mathias adds three partners,"Buffalo News, January 2017
Thursday, January 5, 2017
"Lippes Mathias adds three partners to firm fold,"Buffalo Business First, January 2017